Thursday, April 4, 2013

Intro to American Authors blog

My earlier blog "Metro-Detroit Nachos" fell short of what I expected when I realized one can only eat so many nachos before getting sick of them. I have decided to change my topic to finish out the last five blogs for the semester.
Since I am a history major I decided to follow in one of my interests and do a profile on a historical person. Since I find that to be broad, I've decided to go along with the class topic and pick a famous American author to do a profile on.
This idea was mostly inspired by a book my mom gave me last week entitled "The Paris Wife", which is written from the perspective of the Ernest Hemmingway's first wife Hadley Richardson. The book got me hooked on Hemingway to the point of watching documentaries on his life and doing research about him FOR FUN.
The blog will require some research and some personal opinions about each of the writers lives and works. It will being with Hemingway and likely move to Fitzgerald and other 20's writers and then whichever others I chose.






No comments:

Post a Comment